A mod for BG2:EE (2.0 or higher) and EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) that provides you with a unique dungeon crawling experience.
The adventure starts in the Planar Sphere in Athkatla's Slum District, where you may encounter new victims of Lavok's planar travels. The result of the encounter will enable you to access a dungeon that has been tailor-made for the intrepid adventurer. You have the opportunity to meet exotic races, uncover a devious plot, or simply enjoy battle with an endless stream of monsters.
Visit the SHS Forums or the Beamdog Forums if you have questions, or download the the latest version from GitHub.
This is a WeiDU mod, that means it is very easy to install. Simply unpack the downloaded archive into your game's installation directory (where you can find the file "chitin.key") and run "setup-A7-TestYourMettle.exe" (Windows) or "setup-A7-TestYourMettle.command" (macOS). Follow the instructions and you are ready to start.
It is not needed to start a new game after installing the mod. However, you must install it before entering the Planar Sphere in Athkatla's Slums for the first time.
To uninstall, run "setup-A7-TestYourMettle.exe" or "setup-A7-TestYourMettle.command" again and follow the prompts.
The mod is available for BG2:EE 2.0 or higher and EET. It is recommended to patch the game to 2.5 or higher to make use of all features the mod has to offer.
Test Your Mettle! (requires BG2:EE or EET patched to 2.0 or higher)
This is the main component. It installs many new areas, creatures, items, spells and everything else needed for a unique dungeon crawling experience. Moreover, this component restores the spell "Spacewarp", which is based on cut content from BG2. It can be acquired as a mage or priest spell in the course of the adventure. Afterwards the mage spell version will also be available at selected stores (see description of third component).
Reduce experience for killing monsters (requires the main component)
As the monsters you may encounter in the dungeon are numerous, you will quickly gain a lot of experience that could make your party too powerful to enjoy the rest of the game. This component allows you to reduce XP from killing monsters by different amounts, or remove XP altogether. Unique monsters or creatures encountered outside the dungeon are not affected.
Make "Spacewarp" available to stores (independent component, requires BG2:EE or EET patched to 2.0 or higher)
This component adds the mage spell "Spacewarp" to a small number of stores for sale. In "Shadows of Amn" it can be purchased from Ribald's special store in the Adventurer Mart, that becomes available in chapter 6. In "Throne of Bhaal" it is available from Lazarus Librarus' Arcana Archives in Saradush or Amkethran as well as from Karthis al-Hezzar, who can be found in the wilderness between Saradush and the Forest of Mir. This component can be installed independently from the main component.
Writing, coding & testing: Argent77
Russian translation: tipun, stn
French translation: deratiseur
English proofreading: typo_tilly
Additional help: Jastey
Monodrone Modron animation is based on resources from Erephine's Infinity Animations.
Modron and Gelugon portraits are based on work by Wizards of the Coast.
"Test Your Mettle!" is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition © Beamdog.
- Added labels for Project Infinity.
- Added areas to the game's debug console.
- Added compatibility with the "Imoen 4 Ever" mod.
- Added option for sorcerers to learn the Spacewarp spell.
- Changed availability of the Spacewarp spell in stores.
- Component "Make 'Spacewarp' available to stores" can be installed independently from the main component.
- Modron director gives more specific directions where to find the boss of the maze.
- Fixed a problematic 'call for help' function in modron combat scripts which also affected certain summoned creatures.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with a visual effect caused by EE patch 2.6.
- Fixed a missing variable when choosing the "bad ending" of the quest.
- Fixed various minor combat script issues.
- Added Project Infinity metadata
- Fixed potential display issues with component names in WeiDU.log and Project Infinity
- Fixed typos in the readme
- Added French translation (thanks deratiseur)
- Added Russian translation (thanks tipun)
- Added German translation
- Various map improvements
- Improved Planar Sphere encounter
- Internal fixes
- Initial release